Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dried Fish and the three girls who adore them



So the next day we get to have all the girls together again. And we decide to walk down some of the streets of Stavropol. Suddenly, we heard excited chattering amongst the girls, and we were startled as we watched them discover DRIED FISH for sale!!! They ran to us and begged us if they could have some. Aliana was most persistent, with the others right behind her. So, we took the money out, and bought them each one dried fish. They immediately tore into it with their teeth, and LOVED it!! We stopped and took pictures of them eating the dried firsh, and they posed.

They tried to get us to eat it - NOT. Vinny was so much more of a sport than I was. We also bought some kind of crabs? or something for later at the hotel. The girls were so so excited!!! Back we went with our treasures, and the girls munching on that fish as if there were no tomorrow the whole time! EWWWWWWH!! I'm so glad Vinny was such a good sport, but I have to say, I got into it back at the hotel. I DID try it, and the small "crabs".

The girls stunk to high heaven, but it was a highlight of our trip. To see them SO happy, and so content just eating fish, really warmed my heart.

No comments:

Salutations

My photo
United States
Just a bunch of crazys trying to keep it real