Sunday, January 27, 2008

So... we.. wait...





So - now we are home. Exhausted but totally exhilarated if that makes sense. I woke up at 630:am because Morgan wanted to see the pictures of the girls and the trip before church. So - I bundled up and went downstairs, Vinny decided to make a brave front and join us.


It was interesting - before we left on this trip - Morgan was so - so about the adoption. In fact - since that time he has confided in us that he thought we were crazy at the time - as did many people! =) I can handle that - it was quite the feeling - to decide to adopt one girl - and end up adopting three in just a couple of months!

Now - back to watch the videos - I watched Morgan. A change had come over him. He was excited to see us with these two little girls that we had talked about prayed about, and dreamt about for the past few months. We didn't say anything about Aliana yet. He didn't really even know. He had seen her pictures with Nikki when the adoption agency had sent them - but he wasn't interested at all. Ok, It was time to get ready for church.


Just as we got done - it was time for him to get going, we were so jet lagged - there was no way we could have gone. We were so tired - and we had signed up to have a Youth Fireside at our house that evening to boot! We were going back to bed!! And so we did. Morgan went to church without us. We slept until 11:00:am, and then got up. I had jet lag very bad. At this point in my life - I really hadn't traveled a lot. Before I even met Vinny - I had only been on a plane once - to California from Utah and that had been 25 years before I married him. Since I had married him - I had traveled to Maryland once before our marriage to visit him and our new ward, and then we drove cross country when we got married (boy was that fun on our "honeymoon" with a fourteen year old boy in tow) and we had flown back two or three times to Salt Lake since then to see my family. That was it. My family had also been able to fly out and see me - so I was doing fine on traveling. I honestly didn't know the true meaning of Jet lag. A four hour trip was hard and I thought I had it when I went to Utah!! HAHAHAH! NOT. (Well, ok, I'm a wimp - I admit I DO still have jet lag). I guess this was just the mother lode of all jet lags.

I finally got up and started to email pictures of our trip and call family and friends. I didn't have much time - due to the fact the fireside would be in two hours. I was still in my jammies!!

About 6:30pm - everyone started showing up for the fireside. Vinny was a champ, He mingled and talked and was so animated and fun. I just stayed to myself (and a couple of ladies in the ward). I couldn't shut the sights, smells and sounds of Russia - and most of all - I couldn't stop thinking of three little girls I had left behind.

After the fireside - I walked through the house - and checked the room I had gotten ready for Nikki and Cami. It was so cute- and so ready for them. I then walked to one guest room - which was going to become Aliana's room (at that time it was the Americana room - her room is now the phantom of the opera room). I just looked and wished they were here.

I was still in a daze - but a good one.

I WISHED SO BAD that they were there!! I remember that I had tears falling, and as I turned, Vinny was right behind me, and just held me in his arms.

1 comment:

Matt & Renee' said...

I can't believe you hadn't been on a plane but a couple of times before you started this Russian adventure -- good grief! That's amazing. Now seeing Morgan with the girls, and how they adore him, and vice versa, it's hard to believe he was ever so-so about the adoption! They're so cute together. I know they miss their Elder Morgan!

Salutations

My photo
United States
Just a bunch of crazys trying to keep it real